Airpods connected but no sound? Well, that can actually be a frustrating situation especially when you’re in the middle of an important call or you’re humming your favorite songs. The truth is – you’re not alone in this. Ever since the Airpods have been launched by Apple and people are using the very gadget – there’s been a significant chunk complaining about the same thing. They often seem agitated by the fact that the Airpods say connected but no sound can be heard – ruining their important moments at all times.
If you’re also frustrated with continuously facing this problem and are planning to change your Airpods, we’ve got news that you must pay heed before taking that step. The news is – your Airpods are perfectly fine and don’t need a replacement and there’re very chances that your new Airpods come up with the same problem very soon as well. So, how to get rid of this situation, and why can’t you hear anything on the Airpods when they’re completely fine?
The answer is simple – while there’s no doubt to the fact that Apple has put in great efforts in designing the Airpods and they’re an absolutely lovely product – technology can never be 100% perfect and can often be impacted by small glitches from time to time. Since you love your Airpods so much, you’d never want to get rid of them right? And the situation where your Airpods are connected but no sound can be heard makes you hate them too? So, this is basically a love-hate relationship, huh? And what do we do when stuck in such relations, we always try to fix things up!
So, the right approach here is to try fixing your Airpods if you cannot hear anything despite them being connected and in turn save your love-hate relationship with them.
Wondering how to do that? We’ve got you covered by listing down the top ways of fixing the Airpods when they produce no sound despite being connected.
Top Seven Ways to Fix Your Airpods Connected But No Sound Situation
Dive in to burst your curiosity!
Put the Airpods in Charging Case –
First thing you should do if you face the Airpods connected but no sound on your iPhone/android device situation, you shall try putting them back in the charging case. Here’s how you can do that step-by step!
- Remove the Airpods from your ears and put them back in the charging case
- Check the battery level of your Airpods. If the battery is low or null – the ideal recommendation is to charge your Airpods for at least 30 minutes before using them again.
- If your battery seems fine, remove them from the charging case and try playing something from your device.
- If they still don’t work, move on to the other fixing tactics!
Thoroughly Clean the Airpods –
A common reason why Airpods do not function properly is the fact that they’re not thoroughly cleaned. As you use the Airpods frequently, it is obvious that the dust particles as well as ear wax tend to enter their tiny holes and create blockade. The dirt accumulated on your Airpods can also damage the proximity sensors resulting in the damaged ear detection system. Thus, you must always clean your Airpods thoroughly before using it to avoid the Airpods connected but no sound situation.
Here’s how you can clean the Airpods in the right manner!
- Always use lint-free and soft material to clean the Airpods
- Cotton buds can be used for cleaning the joints and tiny spaces
- If you feel like the Airpods aren’t clean yet, rinsing them into isopropyl alcohol can do wonders.
Reset Your Airpods –
Another reason why you often face the Airpods connected but no sound situation could be an error in your settings. Thus, if you continuously face the issue and the above described fixes are not solving the problem – you can follow the given steps and reset your Airpods!
- Make sure your Airpods have at least 50% battery
- Go the Settings Menu of the device connected to your Airpods
- Select Bluetooth Settings from the menu
- Click on the ‘I’’ that would be appearing in front of your Airpod’s name in the list of Bluetooth devices
- Forget the device and click confirm
- Now put your Airpods back in the charging case and close the lid
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before reopening the lid
- Now press the power button at the back of your charging case for at least 15 seconds
- Wait until the light turns on
- Now reconnect the Airpods to your concerned device while keeping the two devices close
- Try playing something on your Airpods. In case it still doesn’t work, move to the other methods of fixing we’ve described below!
Make Adjustments to the Volume of your Airpods –
At times, you tend to face the Airpods connected but no sound situation because of the Volume settings. If your volume is set to a very low frequency, you can definitely not hear anything despite your Airpods being connected.
To make adjustments to the volume settings of your Airpods, follow the given steps!
- Disconnect the Airpods from your IOS device
- Open the settings menu on your device
- Select Music and click on the Volume Limit
- Set the volume to a maximum limit
- Now go back to the Settings Menu
- Select accessibility (Audio, Visual) and click on the Balance Right of Left
- Make sure the slider is set to the exact center so that both your Airpods receive equal sound and you get to hear a balanced audio
- Now connect back your Airpods to the concerned device and try playing something. If they still don’t work, try the other fixing tactics we have described below!
Reset the Network Settings of your Airpods –
Another quick fox for the Airpods connected but no sound situation could be resetting the network settings of your Airpods. However, resetting the network settings can also lead to the removal of all your Bluetooth and WiFi settings. You can restore all the settings later to make your device function the right way.
Here’s how you can reset the network settings of your Airpods –
- Go to the Settings Menu in your phone
- Open the General Menu
- Click on the ‘Reset Network’ option
- Now reconnect your Airpods to the device along with restring all your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings
- Try playing something on your Airpods. If they still don’t work, try the other fixing tactics we’ve described below!
Update Your IOS Device –
At times, your Airpods do not function properly due to the fact that your connected IOS device is not updated to the latest version. It is very important to keep your IOS devices updated for enjoying the full features.
Here’s how you can update your IOS device to the latest version!
- Go to the Settings Menu on your connected device
- Click on the General Settings
- Select Software Update
- Turn off the device once your update is completed
- Now switch on the device and reconnect your Airpods
- Try playing something on your Airpods. If they still don’t work, try using the other fixing tactics we’ve described below!
Wondering how your Airpods would be updated to the latest version? Apple has this incredible feature that lets your Airpods automatically update to the latest IOS version as soon as they’re connected to an IOS device.
Restart Your IOS Device –
In case none of the above-listed fixes do not help you in the Android connected but no sound situation, the last option is to restart your IOS device.
Here’s how you can restart your IOS device!
- Go to the Settings Menu in your IOS device
- Click on the General Settings and press the Shutdown button
- Let your device shut down completely and wait for a few minutes
- Now restart your IOS device and let it completely function
- Pair your Bluetooth Airpods with the IOS device
- Try playing something on the Airpods and see whether they’re working fine or not.
Wrapping Up –
Now that you know all the right ways to fix the Airpods connected but no sound situation, try them out and get your frustration resolved for once and all. If your Airpods still do not function properly despite trying out all the above-described methods, the problem might be of a serious nature and needs an expert inspection. In such a case, you can get your Airpods checked from an Apple support center.